Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Finding the Perfect Patch

A wonderful friend gave me a hoodie several months ago. Her son had gone to Stanford University and she had this great hoodie that I thought my kids could wear. Living in Hawaii, she had no use for such a warm jacket.

Unfortunately, my children were not interested in wearing a hoodie that had Stanford University embroidered on the front.  They'd both attended Midwestern universities and were loyal to their own schools.

I decided to very carefully remove the embroidered Stanford logo. It took me a couple of hours to do it while watching TV. Ummmm... If you ever consider doing this... don't. When I got the embroidered threads off, there were tons of holes. Sigh...

Now I needed to find a patch to cover it, but there wasn't anything just the right size or shape that I wanted to put on the hoodie. I looked at every store in Hawaii that I thought might have an embroidered patch. Nothing.


While in Illinois, my daughter and granddaughter went to Hobby Lobby and found a whole display of patches for me. I couldn't believe it!


And here it is!

Unfortunately, it turned out to be too short for Art.

So alas! Looks like it will be mine.

Or I could pass it down to my granddaughter some day. She loves pandas.

Post a Comment

0 Comments